Business Development Regional Manager
Accountable for generating new business in the assigned territory and meeting or exceeding gross revenue targets. Assist in other sales and business development activities such as trade shows and special initiatives.
- Experience selling preclinical CRO services, high value scientific instruments or equipment, or other products or services having a long sales cycle and requiring extensive technical interaction with clients. The ideal candidate will have experience in selling CRO services in preclinical toxicology (inhalation toxicity desirable) or infectious disease. Occasionally, a candidate without business development experience but with extensive research experience in IITRI’s primary service areas may be considered.
- Basic technical understanding of IITRI service areas with the ability to expand that knowledge through independent learning and interaction with IITRI scientists. Ability to communicate technical concepts and information clearly to prospects.
- Ability to interact with IITRI scientists to advance the sales process, including scheduling, coordinating, and facilitating meetings and technical discussions between scientists and prospects.
- Develop detailed annual sales plan describing revenue goals and targets. Achieve defined sales goals. Monitor revenue generated vs. sales targets, and adjust number of sales calls and refine strategies in order to meet revenue targets.
- Identify new prospects, maintain relationships with existing customers, and travel to face-to-face sales calls throughout the assigned territory.
- Provide rapid, complete, and accurate responses to inquiries from prospects and clients.
- Through professional behavior and interactions, portray a strong positive image for the organization.
Sr. Inhalation Toxicologist/Aerosol Scientist
We are currently seeking a Senior Inhalation Toxicologist or Aerosol Scientist with experience in inhalation aspects of aerosols to join our Inhalation Toxicology Division. This individual is responsible for the design, development, validation and documentation of all study-specific inhalation exposure systems for small and large animal GLP and non-GLP preclinical studies. Will develop automated control/data collection systems using LabView software. Studies include aerosol generation and measurement, inhalation toxicology, respiratory dosimetry, and pulmonary physiology.
This individual will be responsible for developing new areas of research to enhance the capabilities within the Inhalation Toxicology division. Function as study director on inhalation toxicology studies, Participates in sponsor meetings, presents study results, takes part in business development efforts, and prepares proposals. Will provide technical leadership and training to junior staff in various aspects of aerosol research.
We require a minimum of a MS degree with emphasis in toxicology with inhalation specialty or Aerosol Science and respiratory deposition with 7+ years applicable experience (or 5+ with PhD). Experience in project management is a plus.
IITRI offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. Relocation benefits available. IITRI is an equal opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration, Apply for this position and include salary requirements.