E-cigs and ENDS Products
The toxicology of e-cigarettes or electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS), along with other vaping devices, flavors and components of vaping liquids in alternative or modified tobacco products, is of urgent interest due to recent pulmonary illness related to e-cigarette use and emerging FDA guidance and regulations. Finding a qualified CRO with capabilities for generating aerosols from ENDS devices or liquids can be challenging.
IITRI has a long history of performing in vivo cigarette smoke inhalation studies characterizing the toxicology and analytical chemistry of tobacco, tobacco constituents, tobacco additives and ingredients, and tobacco combustion products. We conduct fully OECD [C(97) 186/Final] and GLP compliant toxicology studies that are needed for the new generation of smokeless tobacco devices.
E-cigs and tobacco products capbilities include:
- Generating smoke or e-cigarette vapors using various smoking machines
- Exposing rodents to smoke or e-cigarette vapors
- Collecting in-life parameters
- Performing respiratory measurements
- Biomarker analysis
- Analytical chemistry of smoke or e-cigarette vapor components