IITRI has decades of experience evaluating the preclinical safety of small molecule drugs and biologics to support IND/NDA submissions of new drug candidates. IND-enabling studies including GLP-compliant, repeat-dose toxicology studies in rodents and non-rodents, genetic toxicology studies and nonclinical safety pharmacology are planned with your input. Studies are conducted efficiently, with our onsite analytical laboratory providing a full range of services to support the bioanalysis of fluids and tissues to determine drug exposure.
We offer a collaborative approach with open lines of direct communication with Study Directors and seamless study team collaboration from start to finish, including:
- Grant support
- Coordination with formulation CROs and CMOs on programs to optimize bioavailability or minimize immunogenicity
- Preclinical advisory with study design guidance, IND program optimization and pre-IND meeting support
The IITRI team excels at interfacing with small to mid-size biopharma to navigate and execute a program of preclinical safety and toxicology studies necessary for IND submission. We have been performing GLP-compliant studies since 1979, and have successfully worked with many sponsors through IND submissions. IITRI also offers BSL-2 and BSL-3 containment facilities for GLP-compliant toxicology and safety studies.
- Method development and validation
- Method transfer
- All routes of administration including inhalation
- All relevant animal models including NHPs
- Ames assay
- Structural chromosomal aberration assay
- Mouse micronucleus assay
- in vitro micronucleus assay (TK6 cells)
- Mouse lymphoma assay