COVID-19 transgenic mouse model
We are ready to answer your questions and provide guidance.
in vitro assays
IITRI offers in vitro testing of potential antivirals against multiple relevant strains of SARS-CoV-2. We source new variants as soon as available for testing and can test the cytotoxicity of your drug as well. Below is a basic study description and design, although IITRI can tailor assays based on your needs.
- This assay looks at the 50% inhibitory concentration (IC50) of the test article (TA) or serum against SARS-CoV-2.
- Briefly, cells are plated in a 96 well plate. Serial dilutions (i.e. 1:2, 1:3 or 1:10) of TA or sera are mixed with equal volumes of the virus at a low MOI (i.e. 0.005 TCID50/cell). The virus:TA or sera mixture is added to the cells. The cells are washed and overlaid with media with or without the test article.
- Other variations are possible to sponsor’s specific requests (TA addition prior to virus inoculation (pretreatment) or after virus inoculation (post treatment).
- This assay looks at the extent of viral replication measured and expressed as a percentage of virus controls (set to 100% virus replication) and cell controls (set to 0% or background). Virus Controls and Cell Controls are loaded in each plate.
- 48 hours after virus inoculation, cells are fixed and detected with coronavirus specific monoclonal antibody.